- What will it take to build it?
- What will it take to use it?
- How long will it last me? (in terms of style, function, durability, and flexibility)
- Does it give me pleasure?
- Does it enhance my well-being?
From Green by Design
Creating a Home for Sustainable Living
by Angela Dean
Gibbs Smith Publisher, 2002
Shelter Publications Inc, 1973
Not So Big House
by Sarah Suzanka
Taunton Press, 1998
A Primer on Sustainable Building
by William Browning and Dianna Lopez
Rocky Mountain Institute, 1995
A Pattern Language: Towns, Building, Construction
by Christopher Alexander, et al
Oxford University Press, 1977
by Sim Van der Ryn
Island Press, 1996
Introduction to Permaculture
by Bill Mollison
Tagari Publications, 1995
In Gaia’s Garden: A Guide to Home Scale Permaculture
by Toby Hemenway and John Todd
Chelsea Green Publishing, 2001
Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development
by John Tillman Lyle
John Wiley and Sons, 1996